Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sugar, the wonder-drug

OK, this is not a posting against eating sugar. Those who know us, know that we don't feed the kids much sugar. Over the years we have gotten a lot of "feedback"for our decision (depriving our children of childhood, etc), but we have chosen to do this in our family. Let me just say, we don't think it's wrong to eat sugar, we have just chosen to eat very little of it (for many reasons that I won't go into here). However, one of the things I LOVE about that choice is that when they do have sugar, whether fruit or straight, they seem savor every bit. This is C after surgery soaking up the sugar- he did not cry after surgery, he was too busy looking forward to the sugar! It does have it's benefits!

2 comments:

AH Wilson said...

oh, my sweet boy! i love him falling asleep there at the end! I hope he is feeling better! i miss you guys!

XiaoXiao said...

So with you on the sugar thing!

And I had no idea that C had all this going on. My heart goes out to all of you. I felt like I had written your last two posts; we are very alike in our thinking.

So much love to you all this Holiday.